- The Gift of Education, Knowledge and Confidence
- How to Make, Save, Invest and Grow Money
Student Finance League teaches the language, vocabulary, conversation and confidence in the topics of:
1. Personal Information
- Understanding personal assessments, strengths and weaknesses, spending habits, goals an financial planning
- Understanding the language of the banking industry and how to speak and comprehend those who work in a bank or financial services institutions.
3. Taxes and Accounting
- Learning the vocabulary and jargon to understand basic tax and accounting along with the ability to speak to professionals and experts. This chapter will develop the confidence to read general tax forms, navigate websites and ensure taxes and accounting are kept in good standings.
- Understanding the thousands of websites, apps and professionals dedicated to assisting with budgeting and smart money management.
5. Credit, loans and Debt
- Developing the vocabulary of the credit card industry, debt management and obtaining safe and intelligent loans. This chapter will help sign better contracts, understand the fine print, research promotions, recognize scams along with being able to do du diligence to prevent financial turmoil.
6. Real Estate
- The chapter is dedicated to teaching how to rent and buy a home and understand the housing industry. This includes how to navigate through housing websites, speak to real estate agents, read contracts, understand how to valuate a home or real estate investment, flip a home along with recognizing the hidden fees, utilities and taxes involved in real estate,. This section is not teaching how to become a real estate agent yet the basic language needed to successfully live stress free.
- Learning the basic and intermediate language of investing. This includes how to understand financial planners, online investment offers, short and long term investments and how to get your money working for you regardless of income or age. Many of our students think investing is just for men in suits working on wall street. Our focus is bridging the language gap and helping students understand the vocabulary and growing confidence in the investing industry.
- Building the confidence and developing the language when navigating retirement and planning for the future. The professionals and experts are everywhere and very proactive in helping families plan their retirement. By understanding the vocabulary and jargon of these experts helps not only create more traction but more money saved and intelligent planning.
- The insurance industry and agents can be aggressive and overwhelming. This chapter is teaching language and vocabulary along with how to navigate websites, businesses and what the types of insurance are.
10. College and Education
- This section is very important to develop the language of the education and college space. This chapter includes the vocabulary involved when applying for school, choosing an institution, researching scholarships and how to understand the forms.
- Business is a language on its own. Regardless what type of industry, level of employment or location of the office, understanding the language of business is crucial. When co-workers or superiors speak, there will be certain terms that will need to be deployed to succeed. This chapter will teach crucial vocabulary to help not only get a job but keep it.
- The language of professionalism is very important because most youth are not familiar with what professionalism even refers to. The language of acting and looking professional is so important and if the words are not developed, how are people going to look or act accordingly.
13. Employment, Resumes and Interviewing
- This section will teach the language and vocabulary of getting a job, going to an interview and creating a resume. How to understand the interviewer, navigated resume sites and look for a job efficiently and proactively. It is not common sense and language must be taught.
14. Marketing and Sales
- How to sell and marketing is an important language as if one can sell, they can always generate money. Whether the goal is to work for a company or become an entrepreneur, the language of selling and marketing is very valuable.
15. Fraud and Scams
- There are more scams and frauds and people trying to royally screw you and it is impossible to learn them all. This section will teach the language of scams and frauds and how to detect red flags, keep personal information safe and the key words to watch out for.
- The ability to understand a lawyer, how to choose council, speak to a judge, file a claim and save money is such an important skill. At some point in a life it is certain that there will be a need to use a lawyer and enter a court room. Learning the basic language of the legal industry, how to navigate and do research is going to save a lot of time and money when that time comes.
- Anyone at any age can start a business and by teaching the language of how to start and run a business will not only help make more money but do so over a longer period of time. There are many aspects of entrepreneurship which will allow those great ideas to develop and come to life. Becoming a business owner entails incorporating the entity, speaking with the community, selling, wholesale vs resale and the art of social media. Absolutely anyone can start a business and developing the vocabulary to navigate websites, read blogs, and speaking the jargon to build confidence.
18. Financial and Economic Abuse
- 99% of all types of abuse also includes financial abuse. The program teaches what financial and economic abuse is and how to identify, prevent and unhinge. Teaching youth and adults how to become stable and independent including how to avoid getting stuck in a financial abusive relationship or situation. This includes the one with the money and being abused to give their money away or the one without money who is being controlled by money, food, shelter, clothing, etc.
- How to maintain each of the chapters is something no one thinks about. Many businesses, professionals and experts will help someone get a job, bank account or credit card but not how to keep them. This includes reading bank statements, keeping financial records, building a financial trust circle, staying employed and avoiding out of control debt.
Just like creating sports and music stars.... lets find business and finance stars!!!